Our team of expert microbiology consultants can assist with a range of services including incident investigation, quality audits, expert witness work, problem remediation, best practice development and much more.
Support and Microbiological Expertise
ECHA’s highly qualified and experienced microbiology consultants provide a professional service in the manufacturing, engineering, aviation, marine, petroleum and energy sectors. In fact, many leading companies, government bodies and key industry associations have relied on ECHA’s microbiology consultants to provide the expertise they need to ensure efficient and safe operations (including the Energy Institute, IMarEST, IATA, JIG, ASTM International, Marine Safety Forum).
We have specialist expertise in;
- Microbiological contamination and spoilage of fuels, oils and metal working fluids, including conventional petroleum products, renewables, and synthetics.
- Microbiological contamination and spoilage of finished products and raw materials, during production, transportation, storage, distribution, and use. (including paints, cleaning fluids, polymer dispersions and resins).
- Microbiologically Influenced Corrosion (MIC) of tanks, pipelines, water systems, structures, and machinery.
- Health issues related to microbial activity in industrial systems.
- Decontamination, prevention and control strategies for microbial issues in industry.
How ECHA Microbiology Can Help
We can provide remote support from our office or worldwide site attendance including;
- Developing best manufacturing or operating practices to prevent microbiologically related problems.
- Inspection, diagnosis and route cause analysis of corrosion and contamination incidents.
- Audit of production facilities, refineries, and terminals
- Risk assessments of microbiological hazards.
- Expert witness services in relation to microbial contamination and corrosion issues.
- Recommendations for preservative selection for in-can preservation of finished products.
- Recommendations for selection and use of biocides and alternative strategies for anti-microbial treatment.
An ECHA consultant can propose a plan of action and walk you through every step of the process. Plans may include an initial investigation of existing data, on-site inspection, survey by collection of samples from critical points identified by the consultant, through to recommendations and supervision of decontamination. Wherever you are, our consultants are ready to mobilise at short notice to attend your refinery, terminal, production plant, ship, offshore platform, power station or airport.
Alternatively, if you need straightforward technical advice, don’t hesitate to contact us – whether it’s a substantial project or a minor one, we’re here to help. Our consultancy service is complemented by our laboratory service whenever required.
Our microbiology consultancy reports are comprehensive and easy to read with clear prioritisation, enabling easy implementation of our recommendations. We understand that your requirements may be urgent and we will strive to deliver reports quickly and provide regular updates as projects progress. Whatever the circumstances, you can trust us to provide advice which is independent, confidential and impartial.
Want to know more about our Consultancy Services?
For more information on how we might be able to assist you through our range of Consultancy Services, simply click below to get in touch.