Our professionally-staffed UK laboratory offers industrial microbiological testing & investigations with expert interpretation of test results.
ECHA offers microbiological testing of a wide range of industrial fluids, products and materials. We have a unique specialist expertise in analysis for the manufacturing, engineering, aviation, marine, petroleum and energy sectors.
We offer testing to a range of industry standard methods (IP, ASTM, EN, BS, USP, BP) but can also design and adapt methods to meet your specific requirements. We can also conduct short and long-term laboratory investigations to assist in your research and development plans.
Examples of the type of microbiological testing we conduct are;
- Testing of fuels oils and metal working fluids (e.g. to IP 385, IP 613 /ASTM D7978, IP 472 and ASTM D7463)
- Challenge testing to evaluate biocide and preservative efficacy in fuels and oils, finished products, fluids & materials (e.g. to ASTM E979, E1259, E2275, USP51)
- Testing to investigate Microbially Influenced Corrosion (MIC) (e.g. NACE TM0-194)
- Molecular based microbiological analyses including qPCR and Next Generation Sequencing
- Testing of Paints & Coatings; including ‘dry-film’ and ‘in-can’ challenge/preservation testing (using both standard ASTM D2574, D5590, IBRG and in-house methods)
- Disinfection efficacy testing against bacteria and fungi to CEN/TC 216, ASTM and JISC standards.
- Bioburden / Microbial Limits testing of finished products and raw materials (Total Aerobic Microbial Count (TAMC) and Total Yeasts & Mould Count (TYMC) by USP 61/62, EP 2.6.12/2.6.13)
- Assessment for hazardous or objectionable microorganisms (Coliforms, E.coli, Enterococci, Pseudomonas, Legionella, Staphylococcus, Clostridia, etc.)
- Bacterial Endotoxin Testing (BET) (USP 85 / EP 2.6.14: gel-clot method)
- Microbiological analysis of waters, including potable, recreational, process and hot waters (e.g. Total Viable Count (TVC) / Heterotrophic Plate Count (HPC / Aerobic Colony Count (ACC)) and specified microorganisms.
- Identification of microbial contaminants
- Environmental air sampling and monitoring
We can also provide non-microbiological analyses, including:
- Water content, FAME content, filterability and particulates in fuels and oils and other petroleum industry specification tests (e.g. IP 438, IP 387, D2276, IP 415/ASTM D6217, ASTM D4176)
- Waste Discharge Analysis / Trade Effluent (e.g. Oil in Water, BOD, COD, TOC)
Value Added Service
ECHA prides itself on its value-added approach to analysis, with clear and easy-to-understand reporting which guides you through the significance of results, and recommendations for appropriate next steps. We provide a prompt turnaround and, if needed, interim reporting of results to meet urgent requirements. Using ECHA’s analysis service, you will also have direct access to our Consultancy services.
Want to know more about our Lab Analysis Services?
For more information on how we might be able to assist you with analysis services from our Laboratory, simply click below to get in touch.